Holiday Schedule Changes
Changes to ITS service or office hours during University holidays and breaks.
All Information Technology Services (ITS) offices are closed on University holidays with limited access to buildings and support services. Specialized services are provided up to and during the 2013 Thanksgiving holiday as indicated below.
- Call Center
(Penn State Operators) - will operate on condensed hours from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Monday, November 25 through Wednesday, November, 27 and will be closed for the holiday on Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29. Normal operating hours will resume on Saturday, November 30. Departmental
answering services are available over the holiday for departments wanting incoming calls
answered by a Call Center Operator; call 814-863-3410 for information.
- Computer Labs - see Computer Lab Hours and Locations for lab locations and hours on or around the holiday.
- ITS Accounts office and the Administrative Information Services (AIS) Support Center - will be closed for the holiday on Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29 and will resume normal operation hours on Sunday, December 1.
- IT Service Desk - The IT Service Desks in Wagner Building (Univ. Park) and in the Knowledge Commons (Univ. Park Library) will operate on condensed hours starting Saturday, November 23 through Saturday, November, 30 and will be closed for the holiday on Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29. Normal operating hours will resume on Saturday, November 30.
- Internet services provided by ITS such as electronic mail and access to the World Wide Web will continue through the holiday, except for the daily maintenance and testing window of 5:00 to 7:00 a.m., or as announced in the ITS Alerts System.
Commons - will be closed for the holiday on Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29 and will resume regular operating hours at all locations on Monday, December 2.
- Network Operations Center (NOC) - Calls made to the NOC, (814) 865-4662, from 11:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 27 until 7:00 a.m., Monday, December 2 will be received by our answering service. Telecommunications and Networking Services (TNS) personnel will handle emergency trouble calls received by the answering service. All other reports will be handled by the TNS Network Operations Center on Monday, December 2.
- Security Operations and Services (SOS) - will be closed for the holiday on Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29 but will continue to monitor network abuse reports sent to firstname.lastname@example.org during the holiday. For network emergencies outside the normal business hours, call 814-777-9533. To report emergencies not related to computers or networks, please contact Penn State Police Services at 863-1111 or your local police department, or phone 911.