Verizon Wireless Support for Personal Accounts
Online access makes it easy to manage your Verizon account through My Verizon.
Verizon Wireless offers discounted services to Penn State employees and students. Responsibility for personal services remains with the individual, not the University.
Note that Verizon Wireless retail stores can provide discounted service to employees and students providing the appropriate identification, however, Activation Fees and Upgrade Fees will be charged.
- Employees and students with new or existing accounts should register for My Verizon at Verizon's website.
- When using My Verizon, employees and students have free access to Backup Assistant. This is a program used to make a copy of your phone book and sync it to your new phone. This avoids the $10 phone book transfer fee charged at retail stores. There are detailed instructions on how to do this within My Verizon.
- Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-up windows to view the information provided by Verizon.
- Effective June 1, 2009, the Unlimited Allowance Mobile Broadband Data Usage is no longer available to Penn State. All data cards assigned the unlimited plan, prior to June 1, will remain on that plan unless a change is requested. Current plans are 5GB (5,120 MB) @ $59.99 and 250 MB @ $39.99. Overage rates are $ .05 per MB after allowance.
Data usage is tracked via VZAccess Manager and users may access and monitor data usage. VZAccess Manager is the software that is downloaded onto your laptop or desktop in order to use the VZAccess service.
- Go to VZAccess Manager
- On the top tool bar click on usage (you will see a large window of numbers)
- At the bottom you select a date range, select from your most recent billing cycle date to the current days date
- Below the date range you selected the total amount of sessions, megabyte usage, and time connected populates
- Verizon Wireless Customer Service
- Jeffrey Kuhns, Verizon Wireless
- Verizon Wireless Account Team
- Verizon Wireless Support
- State College Retail Store
2030 N. Atherton Street
State College, PA 16803
- HUB Robeson Center - HUB Kiosk
University Park, PA 16802
814-238-0290 (Fax #)